Monday, January 10, 2011

Two Weeks and Three Days

Until I leave, and I'm getting more and more anxious. Leaving terrifies me more and more but I know that's what my soul needs. To get out of here. When I was in school it felt like every day was just the same mindless tedium, class after class, test after test. Finish studying for one, and another is on the horizon. I hope that's not what college is going to be like. For now, I'm filling my days with Zach, cooking, family, and sleeping. A lot of sleeping. Too much sleeping. I'm going to help my dad at his storage business until I leave. You won't get another post from me until I'm actually in Spain, living the dream, ideally.

I suppose this blog is going to keep whoever cares updated on Skype times, the daily goings on of my life abroad, and my personal thoughts and revelations.

Love, J.

3 comments:

  1. Hey...college is like that but 10 times more difficult. Sorry to disappoint, but we all have to just learn to deal if we want to accomplish our goals.
    I really hope you find what you are looking for out in Spain. Be safe and I hope you culturally adapt well.
    Love you,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. but at least in college, you hopefully are studying something that interests you, and you have a bit more freedom socially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you can't speak the same language as the people around you speak that is probably waayy more intimidating then college would be, i believe.

    ReplyDelete